Leeton invites you to join in their celebration of the rice harvest. Held over the Easter long weekend, the Biennial Leeton SunRice Festival is five exciting days of local food and history with activities for the whole family to enjoy.
In all, the program comprises over 20 events and attractions, and draws crowds of more than 10,000 people.
The 2018 Leeton SunRice Festival’s major events include:
- Leeton’s Longest Lunch: embrace the Italian heritage of the region and enjoy authentic Italian long table lunch with 200 other guests!
- Freedom Foods Street Parade: A spectacle of community-made floats and vintage cars, the parade will travel down the main street of Leeton.
- Skate Championships: See Australia’s best of the best in skating at the Leeton Regional Skate Park. Come to compete but stay for the BBQ.
- MicrotechDPS Balloon Glow with Twilight Markets and Fireworks: An evening of markets and kids entertainment with hot air balloons lighting up the night sky. End the night with a bang with a dazzling fireworks display.
- Festival on Mountford: Directly following the Freedom Foods Street Parade, the Festival on Mountford features live performances by local artists, mouth-watering food, a wide range of amusements and the announcement of the 2018 Leeton SunRice Festival Ambassadors.
Event Website: http://www.leetonsunricefestival.com.au/our text here